1.22.2006

I'm Back & Ready for 2006

Big apologies to my superhero fan base who have been inundating me with nasty emails & phone calls about my lack of blogging. I just was BUSY!!! Getting everyone back in school & getting our home put back together after the holidays sucked all the superhero energy out of me. Not to mention mild depression over "the injury". Sorry, sorry, sorry...please forgive me...you could always get your own blog!! :)

GOALS for 2006

Run the Chattanooga Half Marathon with Marathong (her 1st) on March 4. I want her to beat my 1st Half Marathon time of 2:39.

Run the Country Music Half Marathon in less than 2:30. I actually think I can do it closer to 2:15, but stated goal is under 2:30.

Run a my 1st MARATHON in the fall. Probably October or November. I haven't picked the actually event yet, but I will. This is the year of the Marathon for me!!

Participate in the Chattanooga Sprint Triathlon in August. This was my inaugural event 2 years ago & I would love to do it again. This time faster & stronger.

Lose 20 lbs. This, however, will require eating less. I'm not sure I want to do that. I love food. Note that this goal is really still a wish -- no time attached to it yet. I'm still working on committing to this one. :)

Read the Bible through in a year. So far I'm a week off of the schedule, but will go on vacation soon & will get caught up then. I had this goal many times in the last decade, but this time I know I will finish.

Fix Healthy Meals for my Family. Less processed foods. Whole grains. Yada, Yada, Yada

There they are, my superhero goals for this year. Don't cut me any slack...hold me accountable...share yours with me & I'll do the same for you!!! We superheroes have to stick together!!!

3 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

You go, girl!! :-)

Sounds like a full year to me!

Rae said...

Great goals! Are you doing the Tom King half in March? I've heard it's flat and fast!!

Amy A. said...

I'm glad you're back! My goal is to do the couch to 5K running plan off the cool running site. Started and fizzled, so far. Planning to try again after getting rid of a nasty cold. The WW thing is working, though. Down 7.5 pounds so far. You don't want to know how many I have to go. :(

Question: Favorite running shoe and favorite running music?

Love your goals! Keep up the good work.