1.26.2006

Running, Running, Running



My superhero friend, Amy in Iowa, asked what kind of running shoe I wear. I was "fitted" at THE local running store when I first started running. The shoe that was determined to be the best match for me is the New Balance 1221. This is an actual photo of my shoes. :)

If you have never been professionally fitted for a running shoe by someone who knows what they are doing -- you need to do it!!! They take into account how much & what type of running/walking you plan to do. They will watch you walk barefooted so they can tell if you overpronate (which I am prone to do) & other running anomalies. I learned that your running shoe is usually a size or more larger than your regular shoe.

After I wore out my 1st pair of running shoes (a sentence I NEVER imagined being able to utter), I bought another pair of the same shoe on-line. After I wore the 2nd pair out (again, who ever would have thought!!), I eagerly went back to my local running store to be "fitted" again. I figured since with a 45 lb drop in weight & a Half-Marathon behind me, surely something flashier awaited me. But my guy said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", and I am actually on my 3rd pair of this shoe!!

So, superhero friends, that's my story & I'm sticking to it.

5 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

Then just when you find a shoe you really like, the manufacturer discontinues the model....

tri-mama said...

I'm with Nanciantor, buy an even dozen if you can-makes getting the matching clothes easier.:)

Amy A. said...

Thanks, superhero friend! I didn't know shoe places had that kind of service. I guess I need to get out of the discount store.

Anonymous said...

Don't try to confuse me with all of your technical running jargon. Just lace 'em up and run already.

Rae said...

No need to change shoes if you don't have to! I changed last time and really regreted it. Next time I'm going back to Mizunos.