11.30.2005

Christmas is Coming, I'm Not Ready and Why Don't I Care?

I cannot believe that Christmas is 26 days away. I have never been this not ready for it before.

I'm a planner. I plan for everything. My family calls it "control issues", I call it being organized. As the years have gone by & our family has gotten bigger (& bigger!) it really is a necessity to plan. I actually enjoy planning. So what's going on here?

I typically decorate for Christmas on Thanksgiving Weekend. I haven't even thought about decorating. (Of course I was a little busy on bucket duty. see previous entries for the full story.)

We usually take our Christmas Family Photo in October & our Christmas cards and newletters (yes, I'm one of THOSE people) go in the mail the 1st week of December. Again, no picture has been taken, no cards selected & now that I'm blabbing our news on this blog -- what do I need a newsletter for?

My Christmas Gift lists for The Kids, Superspouse & relatives are made late in the summer & ALL shopping, except for stocking stuffers, is done by mid-November. I haven't made a list. I don't have a clue as to who is getting what & really don't feel all that concerned about it. Aside from some generic, bought in bulk, gifts for extended family -- I have not purchased anything. I have 4 (count 'em, 4) kids!!! This is bad.

We host & participate in several family oriented parties/events. We plan special nights -- stocking stuffer shopping nights, nights to go look at Christmas lights, cookie baking nights, gift wrapping nights. I haven't sent an invitation, planned a single menu or even written a single thing on the calendar.

So, my dear superhero friends, here I sit & blog. And wonder, where has all this apathy come from? Is it because of the major life changes I've experienced this year. My "real life" friends all know, but those of you in BlogWorld don't -- after 5 years of Home Schooling, my 3 school aged kids are in traditional school this year. So since mid-August, my life has been really different. Strangely quiet & unstructured. You'd think I'd be getting more & more done, but in all actuality I'm very, very behind. As I re-read what I've just written, I believe mild depression might be a good diagnosis!!!

Okay-- so I need a plan. I'm going to get off this computer & come up with one. I'll fill you in later. If you have any superhero suggestions for getting me in the Christmas spirit, please feel free to let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang out with slackers and look what happens.............

Triathamom said...

Exactly. I am currently accepting resumes for new friends. I'm blaming all my personal shortcomings on my old ones.