12.14.2005

Cool Running

Okay, superhero friends, it is COLD in Tennessee!! Not as cold as someplaces, but for us, it is cold!! Facing these temps at 5:30am has its own challenge -- as the bed is usually very warm & getting out of it is HARD. However, due to the fact that I am, afterall, a superhero & I surround myself with other superheroes who will mock & belittle me if I don't show up-- I have persevered!

Here are my totals for the week, so far:

Monday I ran 3 miles with Enviro-man & a new running mate who has yet to select a superhero name because he "hates" blogs. Whatever! It was hovering around 34 degrees.

Today, Wednesday, I ran with the BlogHater (haha -- now he's named whether he likes it or not!). We ran 2 miles as the temp hovered around 30 degrees with a nasty wind. My eyes were watering & tears were freezing my face!! But I found this strangely invigorating.

I realize in reading other running blogs that distance & conditions compared to what others are doing is minimal -- but as I look back at what I was doing last year at this time -- I am elated with the discipline I'm developing & the progress that is being made.

On tap for the rest of the week:
3 miles tomorrow
10 miles on Saturday
Projected weekly total: 18 miles
So, superhero friends, you can't call ME a slacker. What should I call you?

3 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

Go ahead and call me a slacker. :-) If the running shoe fits, I'll wear it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Send that blog-hater over and I'll slap 'em around for you!

:) said...

Call me Slack-o-Matic these days...

Hating it in Texas...

Anonymous said...

As a fellow Tennessean I can relate to your reluctance to hit the pavement during these cold mornings. Thats why I tend to retreat to my local YMCA these mornings. Enjoyed your blog. Check out another TN. blog (mine) if you get a chance at www.ChristianRunner.com. Stay Strong!