12.20.2005

Every Superhero Should Feel This Special

Everyone needs to feel special. To feel like their voice matters. To feel important. To know you are cared for. To be missed when you're not there. Some people seek this kind of attention from the masses or an entire circle of friends -- and I definitely fall into this category most times. (I mean, I blog, don't I??)

However, at Christmastime, the person who gives this to me the most is my dear Superspouse. This year & for the past several years, he treats me to 12 Days of Christmas.

This year certainly has a running influence:

Day 1 --Running Sox

Day 2 -- Lunch out at my favorite deli & a great candle (Just in case you're wondering, I had the Reuben! YUM!)

Day 3 -- a neat little Timex Watch with stop watch/splits feature

Day 4 -- Starbucks Gift Card

Day 5 -- Running Bra

Day 6 -- We hosted our 4th Annual Caroling Party last night along with 7 other families & we were a little distracted so tonight I get to open 2 gifts!!! Yea!!

I can't wait to see what the next few days hold. I'm feeling soooo special!! I love this feeling!! If I were Snoopy, I'd be dancing!!! :)

So, dear Superhero friends, I hope someone makes you feel this special, too. And it certainly is within your superhero power to make someone else feel this special...so even though it may be too late to do 12 days of Christmas, it's not to late to think of just one special thing to do for someone.

Thank you, Superspouse. I love being married to you!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Superspouse is making the rest of us look bad.

Triathamom said...

Hey, Enviro, running tomorrow am @ 6pm with Thong. Bundle up & go with us.

Triathamom said...

Okay, that made no sense, I'm sorry. #4 is nipping at my ankles as I type. We are running at 6 AM. 2 miles. Be there or be square.

Nancy Toby said...

Wow, Superspouse sounds great!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I pray my future spouse treats me to the 12 days of Christmas! Merry Christmas!
-Miss Melton aka: JD's teacher!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to stand you up, I just read your message. I probably won't see you so have a great Christmas. Hopefully I can get back to the Y next week. I am having lots of problems with my shoulder. I did 2.5 miles on the EFX on Monday and I was whining about my shoulder like a girl all day. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
(You too Thong)