12.04.2005

A Really Nice Weekend

Well, superhero friends, it was a really nice weekend. Here's a brief recap --

We took the kids to Toys R Us on Friday night so they could make their Christmas wish lists. I was kind of dreading this, but it really went well. They are always a little in shock when they get to go to a store like that -- I rarely take them shopping & we don't have cable -- so it's fun to watch their faces. They really amazed us with their self control. Kid #1 has just a few things on his list, but all his things total the most. I guess the bigger the kid -- the bigger the price tags. All Kid #4 wants his own piano with a microphone -- Superspouse & I met doing theatre, so we think this is pretty cool.

Saturday was very drizzly & cold -- so I assumed my weekend run with my fantabulous weekend running partner was off -- but she called shortly after noon to check on a time so....we went running in the rain!!! It was so cool. I had never done that before. We ran 5 miles on the levy in just under an hour. I really needed better gear. My Christmas wish list is LONG this year, I'm not nearly as self controlled as my kids!! I'm so excited now that I've done that...running in the rain...I'm not going to let weather be such a hurdle --once I get the right clothing. I'm also excited to have logged 10 miles for the week despite the rocky start. I did not, however, do any Christmas decorating. (Mara'thong, you are way ahead of me!) But I did think about it.

Today was a great day. I really love Sundays. We go to church, see a lot of friends, & usually eat out. I'm directing the big Christmas Musical/Drama production this year & we had a major rehearsal today. Next Sunday night is the performance -- so this week will be spent getting the set ready & a lot of last minute rushing around with rehearsals most every night. I love weeks like this...I did a lot of theatre in my 20's before the kids & I miss it at times. This gives me just enough of a fix without causing any major family sacrifices.

Also, I think today I finally got excited about the fact that the Christmas season is upon us.

See,superhero friends, it was a really nice weekend. I hope yours was, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kid #1 is cheap compared to your list.